Top 5 Spots You Must Visit In Coron, Palawan
The Philippines is home to some of the most stunning tropical destinations in the world, and one of the most breathtaking of these is Coron, Palawan. This small town is located in the northern part of Palawan, an island province in the western part of the Philippines. It is surrounded by crystal-clear waters, stunning limestone cliffs, and pristine white-sand beaches that make it a popular tourist destination for both locals and foreigners alike.
Coron is known for its rich marine biodiversity, which makes it an ideal spot for diving and snorkeling. The town is also home to several historic shipwrecks that were sunk during World War II, making it a popular destination for wreck diving enthusiasts. In addition to its natural wonders, Coron is also home to a vibrant culture and a friendly community, making it a great place to immerse oneself in Filipino traditions and hospitality.
5 Best Places to Visit in Coron, Palawan
1. Kayangan Lake
One of the most popular spots to visit in Coron is Kayangan Lake, which is often called the “cleanest lake in Asia.” This picturesque lagoon is nestled in the heart of Coron Island and is surrounded by towering limestone cliffs. To get to the lake, visitors need to climb a steep staircase that provides stunning views of the surrounding islands and the azure waters below.
Once you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded with a breathtaking view of the lake’s crystal-clear waters. Visitors can go swimming, snorkeling, or kayaking in the lake’s calm waters, which are teeming with colorful fish and other marine life.
Kayangan Lake is a popular tourist attraction located in Coron, Palawan, and is known for its crystal-clear waters and stunning limestone cliffs. Here are some things that make Kayangan Lake unique:
- Clear Waters – Kayangan Lake is known for its crystal-clear waters that are some of the clearest in the world. The lake’s water is so clear that visitors can see the lake’s bottom, including the colorful corals and fish that swim beneath its surface.
- Limestone Cliffs – Kayangan Lake is surrounded by towering limestone cliffs that create a picturesque view that is unique to the location. Visitors can take a short hike up to the viewpoint to capture breathtaking views of the lake and the surrounding landscape.
- Freshwater and Saltwater Mix – Kayangan Lake is a unique location as it is a mix of freshwater and saltwater, giving the lake a distinct ecosystem that is home to a variety of marine life. The lake’s water is also slightly warmer than the surrounding sea, making it a great spot for swimming.
- Cultural Significance – Kayangan Lake is considered a sacred place by the Tagbanua tribe, who are the indigenous people of Coron. The lake is believed to be the ancestral domain of the tribe and is regarded as a place of healing and spiritual renewal.
Overall, Kayangan Lake is a not just one of the top places to visit in Coron but also a unique destination that offers visitors a glimpse into the natural beauty and cultural significance that Coron, Palawan offers.
2. Twin Lagoon
Another popular spot in Coron is Twin Lagoon, which is located on the other side of Coron Island from Kayangan Lake. The lagoon is divided into two parts, with a small opening in between the two that visitors can swim or kayak through. The water in the lagoon is a stunning shade of turquoise, and the surrounding limestone cliffs create a dramatic backdrop.
Visitors can swim or snorkel in the lagoon’s calm waters, or explore the nearby caves and rock formations. It’s also possible to rent a kayak and paddle around the lagoon, taking in the stunning scenery and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.
Moreover, Twin Lagoon is a popular tourist spot located in Coron, Palawan, and is known for its unique geology and stunning scenery. Here are some things that make Twin Lagoon unique:
- Two Lagoons – Twin Lagoon is unique because it features two lagoons separated by a towering limestone cliff. Visitors can swim from one lagoon to the other through a small opening under the cliff, giving the experience a sense of adventure.
- Thermocline – The two lagoons have distinct temperatures, with the top lagoon being warmer than the bottom lagoon. The difference in temperature creates a thermocline that is visible in the water, creating a unique experience for visitors.
- Limestone Cliffs – Twin Lagoon is surrounded by towering limestone cliffs that create a dramatic backdrop to the lagoons’ turquoise waters. The cliffs are also home to a variety of plant and animal life, making them an essential part of the ecosystem.
- Snorkeling – Twin Lagoon is a popular spot for snorkeling, as it is home to a variety of marine life, including colorful fish and corals. Visitors can rent snorkeling gear and explore the underwater world of the lagoons.
Overall, Twin Lagoon is a unique destination that offers visitors a one-of-a-kind experience. The two lagoons, thermocline, limestone cliffs, and marine life all contribute to creating an unforgettable experience for visitors to Coron, Palawan.
3. Malcapuya Island
Malcapuya Island is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in Coron, Palawan. It boasts crystal-clear turquoise waters and powdery white sand, which makes it a perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling. The beach is also surrounded by coconut trees, which offer a natural shade for visitors. Malcapuya Island is a bit of a journey from Coron town, but the beauty and seclusion of the beach make it worth the trip and reigned as one of the best places to visit during your island hopping in Coron, Palawan.
4. Bulog Dos Island
Bulog Dos Island boasts of a beautiful sandbar that stretches out into the crystal clear waters of the ocean. It’s a great spot for swimming, snorkeling, and taking pictures. The island also has a small beach where visitors can relax and enjoy the view.
5. Banol Beach
Banol Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Coron, Palawan, and is a popular tourist spot for visitors looking for a relaxing day out. Here are some of the great things about Banol Beach:
- Scenic Beauty – Banol Beach is surrounded by beautiful towering cliffs and lush green forests that make for a picturesque view. The crystal-clear waters and white sand beach add to the beauty of the location.
- Seclusion – Banol Beach is relatively secluded, which makes it perfect for visitors looking for a quiet and peaceful spot to unwind. There are fewer tourists, which means the beach is less crowded, giving visitors more space to relax and enjoy the view.
- Snorkeling – The waters around Banol Beach are teeming with marine life, making it a popular spot for snorkeling. Visitors can see a variety of fish and coral reefs while snorkeling in the clear waters of the beach.
- Relaxation – The beach has a laid-back atmosphere, making it perfect for relaxation. Visitors can rent beach chairs or hammocks to enjoy the view, or take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of the beach.
These are just five popular places to visit in Coron. If you want to explore off the beaten paths, we offer private multi day island hopping boat tour between El Nido and Coron or Coron to El Nido.
Planning to surprise your loved one with a wedding proposal surrounded by a sunset backdrop on a secluded island? We got you!
Click the photo below for more information and get a quotation.
Experience the thrill of island hopping in the Philippines.
A wife and a mother of one with a small family business operation. We love to travel so we know what you need. In our family, I’m the one who loves organizing romantic wedding proposals and El Nido and Coron private day tours.