One customer asked me to prepare a package for him and his family, lacking the time to arrange it himself. I have put the contact details of the nice off-the-beaten-path places online.
Here is a list of accommodation and tours throughout the Palawan area. You can refer to my suggested itinerary for ideas of what is offered, or contact us so we can prepare the perfect plan for you (like this sample from our sample itineraries page). Below is a list of questions I ask to give you an idea of what I offer. I have established relations with the various places making it much easier to book everything as opposed to contacting everyone yourself. Once we agree upon your package, either I will send you all their contact details (upon confirming availability) so you can pay for the reservations yourself, or you can pay all that in one lump sum to me and I will make the reservations.
To start putting a package proposal for you, please answer the below questions.
- What are your travel dates (when you are available to travel through the Palawan area – start and end date)?
- How will you be getting into the Palawan area (fly/ferry into Coron, El Nido or Puerto Princesa), and what time and date arriving?
- How will you be getting out of the Palawan area (fly/ferry from Coron, El Nido or Puerto Princesa), and what time and date leaving?
- What is your total budget?
- How many of you are there (state how many adults and children etc) and if you want separate rooms?
- Do you want to do the underground river tour (near the bottom of https://islandhoppinginthephilippines.com/palawan/puerto-princesa/)? Sabang, where the tour is located, is also a nice and quaint town to stay at, or you can do the private tour of a friend of mine as written on that page. From there you can also take a boat to Port Barton, another quaint town not far to the north?
- About how long do you want to stay in El Nido (https://islandhoppinginthephilippines.com/palawan/el-nido/)? Not worth more than a day unless you like to party (good live music scene there). The standard lagoon tours are inundated with tourists. I can try to organise a private one which goes in the opposite direction, otherwise the Coron tours might be better. Do you want me to prebook a tour there?
- At what pace would you like to travel? Less time at more places, or about how many days at each relaxing place?
- Would you like to visit my nature camp and for how long? There are nice hotels in the area as well?
- Do you like to scuba dive and would you like that arranged in advance?
As explained in my suggested itinerary link at the top, my personal preference is to fly out of Manila into Puerto Princesa as soon as possible. I find absolutely nothing appealing about Manila. I heard there are some nice rice terraces to the north, but the Philippines is so large and spread out, and difficult to get around, that you are better off coming back other years and explore each area separately, depending on how much time you have – there is so much to explore.
Once in Puerto Princesa you can slowly make your way north until you get to Coron, from where I suggest taking the 2Go ferry back to Manila (or elsewhere in the Philippines). You can sleep overnight on a soft bed (they have private rooms and fancier areas as well), enjoy the live entertainment on the deck and arrive relaxed to Manila early the next morning. I personally always find flying very stressful.
Leave some comments here concerning all this and your general expectations:
Home » Palawan » v »
We are a family operation managing private custom boat tours in the beautiful Palawan area, and are happy to help travelers with their plans through the country, having traveled a lot of it ourselves and planning to visit it all.